SEEK Mentor Application
The SEEK Peer Mentors will provide program participants with mentoring services that will facilitate the process of transition into college. SEEK Peer Mentors will be able to guide mentees by developing a relationship that allows them to share their Hunter College experience including career, academic, and personal support. By fostering this mentoring relationship, program participants will serve as role models for students within, and outside of, the SEEK Program.
• Serve as a positive role model for SEEK students
• Help mentee navigate Hunter College and its resources
• Attend SEEK events and/or campus activities with mentee
• Attend 3 mentor/mentee workshops
• Currently enrolled as a full-time student with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Must be in Sophomore standing, with at least 31 credits
• Ability to commit to assigned duties for Fall and Spring semesters
• Must make contact with mentee at least 6 times in both Fall and Spring semesters
• Strong leadership, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of academic policies and Hunter College culture (activities, clubs, organizations)
• Ability to successfully complete all mentor training sessions and attend staff meetings
• Employment or relative experience in field of study a plus
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates, please fill out the application below.