Living at Hunter: 2014-2015 Application
Only fill out this application if you are new to Hunter or unable to fill out this link below:
Hunter College has three residence opportunities for its students for the Fall 2014 academic term: 1) the 92nd Street Residence operated by 92nd Street Y 2) the 97th Street Residence operated by 1760 Realty Owner LLC, and 3) the Brookdale Campus Residence operated by Hunter College.
Scholars cohorts listed below are given priority access to all three residences as part of their scholar cohort package. Each scholar cohort is assigned to a specific residence.
Macaulay Honors Colloge
Scholarship & Welfare
Failure to identify scholar group affiliation will result in the automatic transfer of your application to the appropriate residence. Residence and room preference requests are not guaranteed and will be honored on a first-come first-served basis.
Once all the scholar cohort priority -access students have been assigned, we may have rooms available for which non-scholar cohort students may apply. This online application is for students who have been given priority access to the Brookdale Campus Residence OR the 97th Street Residence OR the 92nd Street Residence AND non-scholar cohort students who would like to be considered for a room once all the scholar cohort rooms have been assigned.
Depending on the scholar cohort, students are granted access to a particular residence hall on a first-come first-served basis. If you are applying as a non-scholar cohort student and a room becomes available in any residence hall, we will contact you on a first-come first-served basis.
Please complete all required fields on the online application form. After entering your information click the submit button. Please type carefully and confirm that all your information is correct before submitting the form. You will know that your application has been submitted successfully when you see, “HOUSING APPLICATION SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL” displayed on your screen. Please print this page for your own records.
To fill out the application, you must agree to the following conditions (please read and state whether you agree):
• I understand that the 92nd Street Residence is not operated by Hunter and that if assigned a room at 92Y I will be required to follow all rules and regulations of the 92nd Street Y and will be governed by their procedures.
• I understand that the 97th Street Residence is not operated by Hunter and that if assigned a room at 97th Street, I will be required to follow all rules and regulations of the building operator and will be governed by their procedures.
• I understand that the Brookdale Residence is owned and operated by Hunter College and if assigned a room there I agree to abide by all Hunter College and Residence Hall policies as outlined in the Brookdale Housing Contract, Living at Hunter booklet and Hunter College Catalog.
• I understand that ongoing construction projects at the Brookdale Residence will affect the residence hall living environment, and that I will be expected to comply with all posted warnings and instructions.
• I understand that I may forfeit my housing assignment if I do not make payments according to schedule, attend mandatory meetings and programs, or respond to official postings and mailings.
• I understand that acceptance of this application by Hunter College does not necessarily guarantee me a room at either the 92nd Street Residence, the 97th Street Residence, or the Brookdale Campus Residence.